The library is currently updating its reopening plan to align with Saline County Health Department’s guidelines on crowd sizes. We are eager to return full library services to Salina and are preparing to do so safely.
- The library building is closed to the public, but open online 24/7.
- Book Drops are open.
- Patrons can place holds on physical items through their online account or by calling the library. Items can then be collected using our Pickup service.
- Little Libraries will be restocked.
- Summer at the Library includes logging books online and weekly prize drawings.
- Free Grab-and-Go lunches are available Monday-Friday 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Priority is given to youth.
- Library staff are monitoring online chat from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Questions can also be answered by emailing [email protected]
- Staff are able to create new library cards for those without a card and who wish to gain access to digital library resources. Complete the online form.
- Patrons’ card expiring between Jan. 1-Aug. 1, 2020, and with fines less than $10, have been extended for a year.
- Materials donations, such as books, will not be accepted until further notice.
- Outreach services have been suspended. This includes home delivery, lobby stops, read alouds, child care delivery and outreach storytimes. All patrons who have materials checked out through these services will not accrue late fees.
- Interlibrary Loan is not available.
The library encourages the following CDC recommendations for your protection.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Access the Library Anytime From Home
The Library offers a variety of digital services you can utilize from the comfort of your home.
Access ebooks, audiobooks, movies, music and more!
Complete your research with our databases.