Salina Public Library continues to actively monitor information regarding coronavirus (COVID-19). Based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to avoid gathering of more than 10 people, the library will be closed until further notice.
- Library staff are monitoring online chat from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Questions can also be answered by emailing [email protected]
- Staff are able to create new library cards for those without a card and who wish to gain access to digital library resources. Complete the online form.
- Patrons’ card expiring between Jan. 1-Aug. 1, 2020, and with fines less than $10, have been extended for a year.
- All checked out materials can be returned after the library reopens. All fines incurred during the time that the library is closed will be removed from patron accounts.
- Please do not return items to the library book drops during this time.
- Materials donations, such as books, will not be accepted until further notice.
- Outreach services have been suspended. This includes home delivery, lobby stops, read alouds, child care delivery and outreach storytimes. All patrons who have materials checked out through these services will not accrue late fees.
- The ability to place holds on library items has been suspended; hold requests already in the system have been saved.
- Interlibrary Loan is not available.
The library encourages the following CDC recommendations for your protection.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Access the Library Anytime From Home
The Library offers a variety of digital services you can utilize from the comfort of your home.
Access ebooks, audiobooks, movies, music and more!
Complete your research with our databases.