- Salina Public Library provides proctoring services free of charge.
- Proctoring is done by all Information Services staff on the research computers next to the Information Services main help desk. This area is NOT enclosed and is NOT guaranteed to be quiet.
- We observe the student during the exam, but we do not sit with the student.
- No proctoring is scheduled during evenings or weekends.
- We only proctor computer tests where we only have to input a password to their testing portal. We do not proctor paper exams.
- No books, notes, headphones, bathroom breaks or cell phones are permitted during computer tests unless otherwise specified by the instructor.
- If specified, we can send notifications that the student arrived and took the test.
- Appointments should be made in advance to allow time for the library to receive necessary information from the school and/or instructor.
- Salina Public Library reserves the right to cancel a proctoring session.
There are two proctoring sessions per day, Monday-Friday
Schedule a session as early in the semester as possible.
- Mornings from 9:15 to 11:30 a.m. (limited to 3 students)
- Afternoons from 2:15 to 4:30 p.m. (limited to 3 students)
The student agrees to:
- Bring a current photo ID and Salina Public Library card to take the test.
- Be aware of and follow all proctoring rules established by their school and instructor.
- Make sure the instructor is aware of and in agreement with our Proctoring Policy and Procedure.
- Notify the instructor of their appointment date and make sure that the instructor has sent passwords.
- Make sure that the software used for testing is compatible with the software available at the library, prior to the exam. Library computers will not be modified to accommodate online tests.
- Provide their own testing supplies such as scratch paper, pencil, USB drives, calculators, etc.