A StoryCatchers interview is 40 minutes of uninterrupted time for meaningful conversation with a friend or loved one.
What are the questions you want to ask and the memories you want to preserve? No matter how well you know your storyteller, a little preparation will improve the quality of your interview.
Before your session:
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled interview time
- Go to the bathroom before your interview
- Bring a list of questions with you. If you need help, read our great questions handout
- If you would like your copy of your story saved to a flash drive, we encourage you to bring one with you
When you arrive:
- Come to the Information Desk in the Library
- A StoryCatchers facilitator will meet you to explain the process, make you feel comfortable in our recording space, and sit with you during the interview session
- We prefer that you bring a recording partner to participate in the conversation with you, but if you need to come alone, let us know ahead of time so that we can arrange a recording partner for you