Test Proctoring Policies and Procedures
PLEASE NOTE: Beginning Jan. 2, 2015, the method to schedule an exam has changed. Exams will no longer be schduled via emails or phone calls. The library's online reservation system will now be used. Please read the following policies and procedures carefully.
Tests will be administered on library computers. There is no enclosed area for testing. While staff will keep noise to a minimum, a quiet environment cannot be guaranteed. Students easily distracted may want to make other arrangements.
In order to utilize Salina Public Library's Proctoring Services ...
- Submit a Proctor Request Form prior to making any appointments for exams.
- Completely fill out any proctor form from their institution and bring it to Nancy Jo to sign. All necessary information can be found on this page.
- Schedule an appointment using the library’s reservation calendar found here. All mandatory fields must be filled in or your reservation will not be accepted. All appointments are during weekdays. No proctoring is done during evenings or weekends.
- Make appointments sufficiently in advance to allow for the library to receive the exam and instructions from the testing institution. Keep in mind that proctor sessions will display on the calendar even if they are full. Therefore it is advisable to schedule a session as early in the semester as possible.
- Make sure prior to the exam date that the software their instructor will be using is compatible with the software available at the library. Library computers will not be modified to accommodate online tests.
- Confirm that the necessary information has been sent to the proctor in sufficient time prior to the exam.
- Provide a current I.D.
- Provide their own supplies such as scratch paper, pencils, USB drives, calculators, etc. Students must also provide envelopes and postage if the exam is to be mailed to the school. Any UPS or FedEx envelopes are the responsibility of the student to send.
Instructors, please note:
- We will observe the student during the exam, but we will not sit with the student as the test is being taken.
- If the allowance of any items such as notes, textbooks, personal laptops, etc. is not specifically mentioned in the test instructions, we will assume that these are not allowed.
Updated December 2014