InterLibrary Loan (ILL) is a cooperative service agreement between libraries to lend or borrow materials in order to fill patron requests.
InterLibrary Loan is a service provided by Salina Public Library for patrons in order to obtain materials not in our collection. Patrons are encouraged to use ILL, after thoroughly searching our Library resources.
Up to SIX requests may be submitted in person at the Library, by telephone or through the library website.
- Library accounts need to be in good standing.
- Patrons must have a Patron, VIP or Non-Saline County Resident card to utilize ILL.
- Patrons with transient addresses will be limited to in-library use.
- Most items are borrowed from other Kansas libraries, but if the item can’t be found in-state, ILL can extend the search out-of-state. ILL will not accept requests for items that the library owns, items that are very new (published less than 1 year ago) or very popular, items that have not been published/released yet, or excessively expensive/rare items. ILL will make every attempt to fill your request, but certain items may not be available regardless of our efforts and we cannot guarantee every request will be filled.
- Loan requests can be made for items owned by SPL that are long overdue or missing.
- When the requested item comes in, the patron will be notified by text message, email or phone and will have a week to pick it up. Items must be checked out to the account of the person making the request.
- ILL items normally check out for two weeks.
- Patrons are responsible to pay for lost or damaged ILL items. The cost is determined by the lending library, not SPL. The patron’s account will be charged accordingly.
ILL service may be suspended or removed for patrons who fail to comply with policy.
If you have any questions, please contact the Processing/Interlibrary Loan Assistant.
Check the holdings of other Kansas libraries for materials you would like to request through Interlibrary Loan.
Please only enter one item in the form below.
- When requesting books or seasons of a single collection, submit each separately.