InterLibrary Loan (ILL) is a cooperative service agreement between libraries to lend or borrow materials in order to fill patron requests.
InterLibrary Loan is a service provided by Salina Public Library for patrons in order to obtain materials not in our collection. Patrons are encouraged to use ILL, after thoroughly searching our Library resources.
- Up to five requests may be submitted in person at the Library, by telephone or through the library website.
- Library accounts need to be in good standing.
- Patrons must be at least 18 years of age to utilize ILL.
- Patrons with transient addresses will be limited to in-library use.
- Loan requests can be made for items owned by SPL that are long overdue or missing.
- When the requested item comes in, the patron will be notified by text message, email or phone and will have a week to pick it up. Items must be checked out to the account of the person making the request.
- ILL items normally check out for two weeks.
- Patrons are responsible to pay for lost or damaged ILL items. The cost is determined by the lending library, not SPL. The patron’s account will be charged accordingly.
ILL service may be suspended or removed for patrons who fail to comply with policy.
If you have any questions, please contact the Processing/Interlibrary Loan Assistant.
Check the holdings of other Kansas libraries for materials you would like to request through Interlibrary Loan.