What is an Educator Card?
This card allows educators to supplement the curriculum with an abundant, ever-changing supply of books.
Teachers can create temporary classroom collections to encourage reading. Educators may also check out their chosen reading items on this card. SPL is providing educator cards that allow holders to reserve multiple copies currently in our collection of items and overdue fines are not charged.
- Overdue fines are not charged.
- Replacement fees for lost or damaged items are charged.
- Educators can reserve multiple copies of items in our collection, by contacting library staff.
- The Educator Card allows holders to check out any library materials.
Who is eligible for an Educator Card?
Educators who reside in the city of Salina or Saline County.
- Librarians / Library Aides
- Licensed Child Care Providers
- After School Program Providers
- Homeschooling Parents/Guardians
How do I get an Educator Card?
Apply for an Educator Card online below or in person at the library.
Once your application is submitted, you can pick up your card at the library with the following identification:
- Photo ID – Current Photo ID with address (Driver’s License, State issued ID)
- School ID (bring 1 of the following):
- Current school-issued Photo ID
- A link that shows the school website, with educators information
- Letter on school letterhead signed by the principal of the school with the current date
- Licensed Child Care Certificate
- Current homeschool state certificate
Does the card expire?
Yes. The Educator Card must be renewed each year. All educator cards expire on July 31st regardless of when the card was obtained during the year.
To renew, simply bring your School ID to renew at the library. All outstanding fines and fees must be paid on the educator’s and personal library card before it will be renewed.
Will I receive library notices?
Yes. You will receive notices via email or text message. The messaging system is the same as on a personal library card.
I still have some questions
Please contact the Library Director.