A Little Library is a “take a book, leave a book” free book exchange.
Donated and discarded library materials are distributed to our 10 Little Libraries. Book donations are accepted at the library anytime during regular business hours.
Little Libraries are located at:
- Kansas Wesleyan University, at the corner of Highland Ave. and Claflin St.
- YMCA, 570 YMCA Dr.
- Jerry Ivey Memorial Park, 735 E. Magnolia Rd.
- Salina Regional Health Center lobby, 400 S. Santa Fe Ave.
- Hawthorne Park, 715 N. Ninth St.
- Sunset Park, 700 W. Sunset Dr.
- Salina Area Technical College, 2562 Centennial Rd.
- Centennial Park, 746 Commanche Ave.
- Hawley Park, 500 Charles St.
- Salina Regional Airport, 3237 Arnold Ave.
To view a map of Salina Public Library’s Little Libraries, visit the Little Free Library site and search for Salina, Kansas.
The Little Libraries were initially made possible by a memorial contribution in honor of John Black. The following woodworkers and artists donated their time to create Little Libraries:
Robert Barhydt — SATC
Peter Clark, builder, and Randy Clark, artist — Sunset Park
Peter Clark, builder, and Daniel Picking, artist — KWU
Jay Tidyman — Centennial Park
Don Schneider — Hawley Park
Adopt a Little Library
Individuals, organizations, clubs, or other groups are encouraged to adopt a Little Library to stock it and care for it for one year. Contact the Information Services Outreach Librarian for more information.
Thank you to our current adopters:
- K.T. Taylor
- Kimberly and Chloe Vega
- Teresa Weaver
- Jo Martin
- Sharon Zier
- Aimee Irlbeck
- Jerri Phillips
- Teresa Rundell
- Linda Reynolds
- Lisa Ochs