To give patrons access to physical books, movies, games and more, while limiting contact, the library is adding a Pickup Service. It will allow library cardholders to reserve the items they want, and then pick them up from the library’s north entrance.
Watch our video series to see each step in action View Now
Place your holds
You can also call the library at 785-825-4624 and talk to a staff member during operating hours. A staff member will ask you some questions to fulfill your order and can assist you in choosing items if you do not have particular titles in mind. For help finding youth items, use ext. 230; for adult items, use ext. 234. If you have questions about your account, call ext. 220.Explore the Catalog
Schedule your pickup
When your items are ready, you will receive an email, text or phone call, depending on your preference. Patrons can then register for a timeslot in one of the available Pickup Service events by either using the website or calling the library. The Pickup Service events can be found by clicking the link below, or by clicking on the "Events" button in the top-right corner of the library website. Watch this tutorial to see more of that process.Register for a Pickup
Pick your materials up
Once you arrive at the library, go to the north entrance. There, you will find your labeled bag (last name, first initial) waiting for you. Simply pick them up and you can be on your way. Watch this tutorial to see how it works.
Things to Keep in Mind
When you reserve items for pickup please be advised:
- You may choose up to 50 items to be placed on hold for you to pick up, just remember that some items types (hotspots, games, new DVDs, etc.) have lower maximum holds limits to match their checkout limits.
- If you call after hours or the line is busy, leave a voicemail with your name and phone number, and a staff member will call you back as soon as possible. When leaving a voicemail, please speak clearly and slowly.
- The items you requested may not be available due to being checked out to other patrons.
- Items will take a little longer to be available for checkout due to the essential cleaning and recommended quarantine of 48 hours before the items can be placed back into circulation.
When you schedule your pickup please be advised:
- All pickup requests must be submitted before midnight to be available the following day.
- Holds are only held for 7 days, so please schedule a day soon after receiving your item notification.
When you pick up your items:
- If other patrons are picking up items at the same time, please practice appropriate social distancing. It is safest when only one person is in the pickup area at a time.
- Please look for the bag with your name on it and do not touch other bags.
- If you cannot pick up your items at the time you requested, please call the library. We will hold your items for seven days before returning them back to the shelves.
Materials can be returned to the drop box on the west side of the building or at drop boxes at the three Dillons locations. Hotspots should be returned to the box at the library.