The Friends of the Salina Public Library award scholarships for teen Library volunteers. Students who meet the requirements may be eligible for $500-$1500 scholarships annually.
- Applicants must have volunteered at the library a minimum of 30 hours during their high school years.
- Applicants must work at least 1 Friends book sale (setup, tear down or both), and must list their volunteer hours.
- Applicants must be high school seniors who have at least a 2.5 GPA. They must plan to attend an accredited school or college.
- Applicants must be submitted with a current high school transcript, two written recommendations and an essay (minimum 250 words) stating what a Friends scholarship would mean to you.
- Relatives of current Friends board members are ineligible.
- Recipients must attend their high school’s Honor night.
- Recipients must give permission to the Friends to publicize the award.
Completed applications are due by May 28, 2021.
All finalists will be interviewed. Scholarship winners will be announced at a later date.
Return all completed scholarship application items to:
Friends for the Salina Public Library
301 W. Elm Street
Salina, KS 67401
- Liza Cooper was the 2018 recipient of the Joe McKenzie Youth Scholarship. Cooper attended Elyria Christian School and was a longtime summer volunteer at the library. She received a $1,500 scholarship.