The Friends of the Salina Public Library award scholarships for teen Library volunteers. Students who meet the requirements may be eligible for $500-$1500 scholarships annually.
- Applicants must have volunteered at the library a minimum of 30 hours during their high school years.
- Applicants must work at least 1 Friends book sale (setup, tear down or both), and must list their volunteer hours.
- Applicants must be high school seniors who have at least a 2.5 GPA. They must plan to attend an accredited school or college.
- Applicants must be submitted with a current high school transcript, two written recommendations and an essay (minimum 250 words) stating what a Friends scholarship would mean to you.
- Relatives of current Friends board members are ineligible.
- Recipients must attend their high school’s Honor night.
- Recipients must give permission to the Friends to publicize the award.
Completed applications are due by March 13, 2020.
All finalists will be interviewed. Scholarship winners will be announced on April 10, 2020.
Return all completed scholarship application items to:
Friends for the Salina Public Library
301 W. Elm Street
Salina, KS 67401
- Liza Cooper was the 2018 recipient of the Joe McKenzie Youth Scholarship. Cooper attended Elyria Christian School and was a longtime summer volunteer at the library. She received a $1,500 scholarship.